Thank you, Dad

Anyone who knows me, knows that my dad is a large part of my life. I take after him in many ways; my jokes, friendliness, ability to walk in a room and make a few new friends. Something I did not pick up on was his ability to follow sports!

Glenn has always partaken in football squares, basketball brackets, golf tournaments, bets of all sorts. While he may have explained the ins-and-outs of these many times I can never seem to follow them with fidelity. But this is my year!

I was recently asked to partake in some March Madness fun. This sounded like a great opportunity to truly follow basketball... until I looked at the overwhelming amount of names on the bracket. ***PANIC***

At that moment, calling my dad was a no brainer! The excitement in his voice made me so happy that I picked up the phone and asked him that simple question "Hey, would you be able to help me with my March Madness bracket?"

While this story may sound simple, its a slice that is close to my heart. Over the past few years, my dad's health has seen quite a few lows. With the lowest being November of 2016 when his heart stopped for over 30 minutes. While those terrifying moments in the hospital were some of the hardest, it makes me so grateful for all of these small moments that I continue to have with him. Small moments like karaoke (listening, not singing of course), seeing him cheer me on from the stands at various gymnastics events, and calling him each day after school.

I didn't think I would have a slice today. But all I can say is..

Thank you, Dad.

Comments

  1. You two are lucky to have each other. It's great to hear how much you appreciate him. I'm glad he was able to help you with that bracket! Hopefully this is your year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing something so close and special to you! I enjoyed reading about you and your dad :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Aboard an Adventure!

Powerful Paper Clips